- 2 pounds stewing beef, cubed
- 1 or 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water, wine, or beef broth (or more, to cover)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce (just a couple of drops), if desired
- (optional) 1 Tbsp arrowroot flour to thicken (if using, dust the stewing beef with it first)
- Combine all ingredients in a roasting pan.
- Place, covered, in a 350-degree oven for two hours, or until everything is tender.