UPDATE - Hmm, this might be a repeat. You know what, it's so good, I'm gonna let both copies stay. You really have to try these.
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, juice drained
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 3/4 cup dates or prunes, pitted and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 275F. No, that's not a misprint - lower temperatures for this one!
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring until it's well-mixed.
- Line muffin cups with paper cupcake "liners", and fill each one with batter until it's almost full. NOTE - this recipe usually makes more than a dozen, probably closer to a dozen and a half!
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Allow to cool before removing the paper liners.
About the only thing that could make these even better would be if I could figure out how to make a paleo version of marzipan icing!